Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dust Bunnies Part I

I

"Perhaps I was too arrogant and thought that I could give less and still achieve more than others who give it their all."

Yes, I am a dust bunny. I'm small, a very forgettable shape, and I spew dust with every move, every thought, and every emotion I feel. Yeah, I'm sure you are very familiar with my kind. We do penetrate many aspects of your life. I'm in your car. In your house. Between cupboards. I mean I'm even between your toes. (I could also do without being in your toes.) But did you know that we are also cats? Yes, cats! Cats and dust bunnies are one in the same. Why are we not called dust cats, you ask? Well that is what you called us and we are just playing along. You see, that is what we're good at. We play along, disappear, and try not to get caught. It's a really fun life. I recommend you try it. I'm serious! What a life I live! It's not that I don't have any responsibilities or anything important to do. I just choose to not have any of those. I choose to be loved, wreak havoc, and play. It's not so hard to do. Want to know the secret? Maybe later.

So like I said we're also cats. But we can't all be a cat. We have to be in the right situation that allows us to take that form. To put it simply, there are plenty of houses without cats that have our dust signature all over it. The people are the deal makers. If they want a cat, we can be a cat. Oh, it's not so easy. Say you want a cat and BAM! I just appear. I'm sure you would somewhat freak out. No, it's a process and not any dust bunny can do it. It takes skills, intuition, and an innate ability to read minds. Did I mention that I'm a cat? Yeah, no biggie. I said it before, but I'll say it again (I don't mind repeating myself), I'm an awesome dust bunny. Finished top 10% in all my dusting classes and in the top 20% in all the upper division dusting classes without even trying. I'm serious. I had classmates furiously jealous over my natural skills...skills that I thought would stay sharp forever.

Anyway, with little effort I was able to perfectly become my person's dream cat. Yep, just a "poof" of dust and there I was. A perfectly white cat with black ears, black tail, and nice round black spot on my left hip. Exactly what they wanted. How did I figure out that this is what they wanted? Patience and a lot floating around in their dreams.

The rest was easy. I just went along on their ride to the pet shop and "poof" appeared in the adoption area (pardon my dust, shopkeep). The paperwork? I got connections. Paper work should never be something that stops you from doing something. Never.

Before they could look at any other kitten, I pounced on one of their laps and feigned sleep. Golden ticket right there. Sleep kitty = adopted kitty. Within an hour I was in the same house that I was in before as a dust bunny but now as a cat. The advantages? Plenty.

Are you familiar with the term entropy? Basically it means disorder or the a decline into disorder. Everything falls to entropy to a point. I don't want to get into dynamic equilibrium but I am thorough dust bunny and would like you to understand. Yes, everything falls to entropy but there is a point that things cannot get "more" disordered. Take for example you mix two different liquids and shake them together. There is a point where it can't mix up anymore. It has maxed out or in other words has reached an equilibrium. Well dust bunnies don't like this equilibrium. We are the agents that tilt the reaction to favor more disorder. Can't mix that drink anymore? We'll have you spill it all over floor. Disorder has just increased, thank you very much. So the advantages of being able to be a cat and not just a dust bunny are basically we can now cause disorder continuously. Imagine a car that has a stuck accelerator, once the gas runs out the car inevitably has to come to a stop. Jesus, your a tough one. There are no hills. The car in on a flat, very flat surface. May I go on? Thank you. So the car has a limit. Now imagine one can keep filling the car with gas. Then the car won't ever stop. That is what we can do when we become cats.

We are a concept. The concept of disorder.